My financial advisor turns me onto a good opportunity with a movie studio for a short 30 day bridge loan. It paid out 50% flat. Incredible return and sounds nuts I know, but it's the real deal. I receive the information to wire the funds and do so. After faxing over the document, I call to confirm it was complete and that I had all of the necessary information to complete the wire transfer. I speak with April Cortez, a rather useless drone who informs me that I forgot to fax the first page and that I'd need to include a photocopy of my ID. I ask if there was anything else I needed since there was a line on the form saying that in some situations that you may have to send a notarized letter. "No" she replies so I logically assume that my scenario wasn't one of those situations or maybe the amount I was transferring was insufficient to trigger this necessity. I redo the fax to include both pages and my id.
The next day, the day the funds are due, Friday the 18th, I get a cancellation confirmation from Etrade when I login to confirm the funds are transferred. I call to investigate why. I get in touch with the same useless drone and she apologizes for not mentioning that I needed a notarized letter.
So simply put, the Etrade customer service rep (April Cortez), not paying attention, cost me five thousand dollars. Angry doesn't even cut it. I think it goes without saying that I will not continue to do business with this institution.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Wire Transfer Service
- Review category
- Financial Services
You May Also Like
- "Last year I met a guy at a business mixer who chatted with me for a minute or two and then immediately asked me if i was looking for work..."
- " Nicholas Bilaczenko 1 second ago The Cause : Internet computer technology is flawed , NYSE computers are in principle no different to Home Personal Computer [PC] with 100's of..."
- "Transamerica’s Financial Foundation Indexed Universal Life (FFIUL) policy is WFG’s top life insurance product. It’s the fat-commission policy my upline always pushed me to sell. I worked for WFG..."
- "We bought a 2016 Fuzion toy hauler from Camping World in Byron a few days ago. Everyone was very nice and especially the salesman Chris Bozeman. He was on top..."
- "Im just on my 2nd day of my 30 day trial and it's not going to well. My first day was great but my second day was horrible. I had..."
- "Long story short: LEMON Bought a 2006 Mini Convertible with 30,000 miles. It now has 59,188. It's been in for repairs, sometimes for up to a month, over 15 times...."
- "I actually had an ok experience. You HAVE to read the fine.print. You HAVE to read the ordering instructions... ALL of them. You HAVE to order WAY ahead of time..atleast a month before..."
- "I spent $161.92 for a 'deluxe' sugar and sweet bouquet and everyone's favorite candy basket with all the up charges to be delivered for my daughters sweet 16th birthday. It..."
- "I ordered this for a 5 year old child's birthday. The item arrived weeks later - nowhere did it disclose on the site that it was coming from CHINA by..."