I had purchased 1,000 shares of AGNC early in 2012; the purchase was made in two consecutive blocks of 700 and 300. Through dividends reinvestment I purchase two more blocks of shares, 3 months apart, 40.57307 and 35.20234.
I decided to sell the 2 'DRIP' blocks and when I completed the transaction a note informed me that "the fractional shares" would be sold on a FIFO basis.
I looked back into my account to find 4 blocks of stock!: 699.22459, 300, 0.57307 and 0.20234.
They didn't sell the fractional shares, the took the sum total of the fractional shares, deducted them from a whole share, thus creating another block with a fractional share! They claim that fractional shares are sold on a FIFO basis. OK, fine, but they didn't sell the fractional shares, they sold the equivalent of the fractional shares from a whole share.
I opened a support request on this and was told this is how they sell fractional shares. I asked to escalate this and was told it was not possible. I told the rep I was going to close my account for this and list her name and refusal to escalate this for correction as one of the reasons for the closure.
Next, I get a call from an eTrade rep who wants to discuss my earlier phone call; she asks for my account info and SSN!!! Really, I'm supposed to provide personal, secure account info over the phone to someone who called me?!!! I told her I'd have to call her before providing any such information.
Consolidating my accounts into Schwab where when they tell you "the fractional share" are going to be sold, the sell "THE" fractional shares and not the equivalent of the fractional shares on a FIFO basis.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Financial Services
You May Also Like
- "I was trying with 10$ and found that the prices on MT4 platform vs Prices on IQ options' platform differ alot. Its like the quotations are their own and not..."
- "Michael Louis Stokes Jr conned my mother out of $500k, her life savings to buy "gold" notes that were suppose to be worth 1.3 million at the time. After..."
- "there about more than 1000s of videos posted here and there on about different strategies that show promising wins and less losses , martingale , and other *** for this..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- " Hi to who it may concern on the 20th January I brought a nice and easy hair= dye did as instructed on box to do hair stran test even..."
- "I ordered from this company because it's hard to find a petite size wig that's not a pixie cut. I was excited when it finally came so I could try..."
- "Virgin America offered "go for two" meaning when you get two seats its for the price of one. I tried to book my flight to Puerto Vallarta and my total..."
- "MB Financial foreclosed on my business and properties though I was making regular payments. I did experience a major problem with theft in the business that was rampant. ..."
- "Creighton from CJC Photography shot my sister and my best friends wedding over the past couple of years and this year he shot my wedding. I am more than..."