I had purchased 1,000 shares of AGNC early in 2012; the purchase was made in two consecutive blocks of 700 and 300. Through dividends reinvestment I purchase two more blocks of shares, 3 months apart, 40.57307 and 35.20234.
I decided to sell the 2 'DRIP' blocks and when I completed the transaction a note informed me that "the fractional shares" would be sold on a FIFO basis.
I looked back into my account to find 4 blocks of stock!: 699.22459, 300, 0.57307 and 0.20234.
They didn't sell the fractional shares, the took the sum total of the fractional shares, deducted them from a whole share, thus creating another block with a fractional share! They claim that fractional shares are sold on a FIFO basis. OK, fine, but they didn't sell the fractional shares, they sold the equivalent of the fractional shares from a whole share.
I opened a support request on this and was told this is how they sell fractional shares. I asked to escalate this and was told it was not possible. I told the rep I was going to close my account for this and list her name and refusal to escalate this for correction as one of the reasons for the closure.
Next, I get a call from an eTrade rep who wants to discuss my earlier phone call; she asks for my account info and SSN!!! Really, I'm supposed to provide personal, secure account info over the phone to someone who called me?!!! I told her I'd have to call her before providing any such information.
Consolidating my accounts into Schwab where when they tell you "the fractional share" are going to be sold, the sell "THE" fractional shares and not the equivalent of the fractional shares on a FIFO basis.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Financial Services
You May Also Like
- "After Shawn Powell and Aman Natt sold me on their Forex training course for over £2000 , using displays of wealth such as Luxury Watches and Expensive sports cars as..."
- "My financial advisor turns me onto a good opportunity with a movie studio for a short 30 day bridge loan. It paid out 50% flat. Incredible return and..."
- "I'm a former Primerica representative and I feel that it is necessary to clear my conscience and tell the world about the horrible experience I had in the company. ..."
- "I spent over $2,500 for my PB Comfort couch in grade E fabric. I spent more for the fabric upgrade and was told "it's brand new and the fabric that..."
- "I ordered a used replacement engine for my 850 volvo 1997 3 weeks ago which came in finally 4 days ago. The engine was in decrepit condition to say the..."
- "I was employed by Daisher Chiles as a construction worker on one of their latest projects. Dana Chiles randomly one day fired me because I was apparently not working hard..."
- "Stay away from Legal Zoom!!! There is NO WAY to cancel services on your account. I tried to remedy the situation with my credit card but I guess I will..."
- "Purchased a HP DC7900 tower from Joy (thru Walmart) two months ago. It arrived a day early and worked perfectly. Even though Windows Update was broken, that was the fault..."
- "Definite scam. High pressure sales--consultant told me to "try the peeling gel for the first week and if you do not like it, bring it back!" When I returned the..."