map-marker Seattle, Washington

Customer of 20 years, no mas

E-trade was acquired by Morgan Stanley and is now a lousy company. Call any e-trade number: min 30 min wait.

User's recommendation: Check out their total lack of customer service

Baldr G

Verified Buyer

Resolved: Bankrupt Route #8301

Etrade - Bankrupt Route #8301
Updated by user Feb 20, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Tuitions escape ourself * Kevin Grace does;.

Updated by user Feb 20, 2024

"Beautified 12/1987/." but manages the budget without/" 434****/.?" Soil and Salt * Djinni in sentences once limits are the watery nor vegetables upon merchant means without budget or grimoire shall?" What are the art and thou? In soil and budget held the penchant #3412" "John is the basket and shelf without @its omissions aspect of shelter and soiled wouldn't felt nor salt mathematics does shall?"

Original review Feb 20, 2024
I didn't sense or touch ounce is Glenys said how were years old once I had problems in Janice left us both.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Excellent

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Glenys Mejia

John i Gxb

Resolved: It is impossible to contact E*Trade Customer Service

Updated by user Feb 28, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. ETrade finally got the requested transaction done after more than 3 weeks. Any other broker would've gotten it done in 3 days.

Original review Feb 20, 2024
I have been trying to transfer a Rollover to E*Trade for 3 weeks. Everytime I am able to speak with a customer service representative I'm told that the transfer will happen within a day but it does not happen.
IT'S A HUGE PROBLEM TO CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

The Secure Message portal is disabled. You CANNOT send them an email.

The wait for either a phone call or an online chat is over 1 hour
I sense there is a moral problem at the company, that somehow Morgan Stanley has totally screwed this company up. I've used them over 20 years but am seriously considering moving over $1 million elsewhere.
TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!
Pros:
  • Used to be good and i like their trading interface
Cons:
  • Seem to have lost the ability to execute basic functions

Preferred solution: I would like to be able to reach Customer Service

User's recommendation: Try Schwab, Vanguard, or Fidelity, where I also have accounts. They are each responsive and their customer service is easy to reach.

BENJAMIN M Hul

Verified Reviewer

Etrade has stolen $44,000 from me and wont give it back!!

Etrade has stolen $44,000 from me and wont give it back!! They are terrible people...GANGSTERS FRON NEW JERSEY...SCUM!!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Low cost trades
Cons:
  • Are theives

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: stay far away...use Charles Schwuab.

Guest

I invested with ETRADE and at first they were great,i invested $220,000 and I made a nice profit but when I wanted to withdraw I never heard from them again, they still have my money and won't give it back, have tried emails and phone calls and they won't reply and have blocked my number.i met an attorney lesha to go down legal channels to try and get my money back and i was able to get back my money with the help of ATTORNEY LESHA. i contacted them through their mail (leshaspruiellkog45 @ g m a i l .

c o m)and i submitted all the evidence that i was scammed there. You can also filed your complaint if you want to get back your money.

Howard G Rab

| map-marker Miami, Florida

Service

Updated by user Mar 13, 2024

Probably not.

Original review Mar 11, 2024
could not transfer stock into E-Trade. Called for help. On hold 35 minutes then hung up. Used chat service - they sent me this link to pay $55.00 per month for service. Could not chat with the "chat' line -they just wanted to sell the service!!

User's recommendation: buyer beware!!

Joseph S Ygf

Verified Reviewer

This person supports our platform.
Get a badge ›

Supporter

Resolved: Restrictions on my account was placed

Updated by user Jan 25, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. I'm still not sure what the problem was but I've been calling since December 22nd of 2023 and we finally got it settled I had to add extra security to my account but as of today January 25th 2024 my account issue was solved.

Original review Jan 18, 2024
On December 2023 a restriction was placed on my account, and it took me a few days to get somebody to help me to be placed on hold for 30 mins to an hour. All because I used a VPN and was never in the same place logging in. Finally got it resolved, and I move money into it; now it's under investigation and nobody can tell me for what and now my money is being held hostage.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Have to call everyday to try to get things resolved
  • No call backs when they are supposed to call
  • Customer service is nonexistent

Preferred solution: An Apology and Compensation

User's recommendation: Approach With Caution

Jessica R Sdq

| map-marker Ottumwa, Iowa

Wire transfer

Wondering wondering about a wire transfer that was transferred to me from someone that has an account with you guys I was wondering how long it generally takes to hit my account it was transferred around 1:30 a.m. today Friday? I also have a few other questions to ask please get back to me ASAP I do have the confirmation number if that will help
Stefany T Huk

Unethical Busiiness Practices

I've had a brokerage account with ETrade for almost 10 years. 2 years ago I clicked on a suspicious link and was concerned that I could jeopardize my account so I had ETrade close it and open a new one.

In doing so they inadvertently omitted my middle name. After this I was restricted from purchasing stocks or moving money out of my account. They told me that I needed to show proof of a name change, but since my name had never changed, I could not produce documentation to show a "change" in name. Recently I sent proof of my full name to a representative who was able to update the account to reflect this however, when I tried to transfer my account to another institution (my husband and I are consolidating our assets and we are trying to secure a mortgage, having certain amount in assets will lower the interest rate ), ETrade would not allow my account to be transferred stating there was a security restriction placed on it.

I received notice of this on September 8th, so I called them explained that time was of the essence (due to the pending mortgage), and was assured the account restriction was removed and that the transfer should go through. Following that the bank made several attempts to pull the stocks over but to no avail they kept getting the same notice that there was a restriction on the account. I have since followed up with 17 additional phone calls to ETrade on numerous occasions, wasting nearly 7 hours of my time on the phone getting the run-around, stating either they are unsure why the transfer team is restricting the transfer or that they are escalating the issue and it will be resolved over-night or 24 hours, or that it will take 1 to 2 days but after each call I wait out the time frame only to find that the transfer is not being processed. The last call I had where I spoke was someone was yesterday with a manager who could not help escalate the transfer so I asked that he forward my call to his manager, who then proceeded to hang up on me before even speaking to me, I was given his extension so I called again, he hung up a 2nd time then the third time he let it go to voicemail, I left a message and am still waiting for a call back.

Today I called 4 times, he hung up without answering the first 3 times then let it ring to voice mail on the 4th time.

Stay away from ETRADE, their unethical practice of holding funds hostage seems to be a common practice for them. Their mistake becomes your problem and to boot, their unhelpful representatives will hang up on you and duck your calls, so unprofessional!

Cons:
  • Unethical business practices
  • No accountability

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Steer Clear of ETrade!!

Eclectic01

I'm at the beginning of your nightmare! My account restricted because of an application glitch and taking longer to resolve than they said. It would really be helpful if you could post how you ultimately got it resolved or you could create a pseudonym email account so we could converse.

Guest

Have been an ETrade client for about fifteen years, but this week decided to transfer my holdings to another brokerage house. No point going into details but they botched the reporting of certain information to the IRS, promised to correct the mistake but no action was taken after five months, and it is usually at least a 30-minute wait to get a customer service rep on the phone. A complete fiasco.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2455887

So, I've been waiting for a chat agent for 20 minutes and nothing to do but *** about ETrade since the acquisition by Morgan Stanley. I loved ETrade before the acquisition.

Now it seems like I encounter a glitch each and every time I visit the website.

Most of the time it's just an annoyance. But some times it cost me, like when a transaction fails to post at close of market.

View more comments (2)
Roger D Rwz

Customer Service

I reently submitted a request for Options Approval. The site indicated the process would take 2-3 business days.

On day 4, a site notification indicated the process had increased to 3-5 business days.

After 10+ business with no approval and no updates, I attempted to contact customer service.

I first tried to use their secure messaging service. The link was broken and the feature was inaccessible.

I tried to use an on-line chat feature, but after 45 minutes of waiting I finally gave up. There was no respondine (during normal business hours)) on the other end.

So, I tried to get someone on the phone. After repeated atempts with indications that the expected wait-time would be an hour or more.

I finally gave up.

Morgan Stanley is (obviously) not interest in customer service. I'm done with them.

Pros:
  • Easy to navigate platform
Cons:
  • Terrible customer service

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Try TD Ameritrade/Schwab, Fidelity, or Interactive Brokers. They are all responsive.

Robert B Nrw

Verified Reviewer

Etrade website reporting incorrect info, no way to get help

Original review Feb 04, 2024

Etrade customer service and website performance used to be fine, but now it really sucks. I used to have Platinum account status, now that is gone for some reason, along with dedicated customer representative.

There use to be a message center, it no longer accepts messages. The expected income webpage is no longer including all of my holdings and the portfolio page where you can "Include all brokerage account" sums up the total assets to a value that is off by about 45% !!!

and I can't find anyway to report any of this to anyone other than waiting for a telephone call that never gets answered. Unreal.

Preferred solution: technical help to correct website errors and poor/incorrect functionality

Saifan Ynj

Please mera WhatsApp UN band karo

map-marker Mountain View, California

Worst customer service ever encountered

I was in the middle of loan application and the bank needed to verify the E-Trade account which transferred to Morgan Stanley account from the merger. Requested a simple document to show the two account numbers and was refused by customer service representative with no reasonable explanation. Requested for escalation and was refused. Asked the customer service full name was refused. No recommendations to resolve this issue were provided. Worst customer service ever encountered. I'm moving out my entire account because of this.

User's recommendation: Stay away from E-Trade. There are tons of brokerages out there can provide service you deserved

map-marker Auburn, Massachusetts

Poor service

Absolutely the most terrible, horrible experience Ive encountered. Have been looking to move money for 5-6 months.

User's recommendation: Avoid!

Karyn H Hem

Phone number change

I am unable to pay to just change my phone number. All I want to do is update my phone # so I will to be able to get my tax documents for 2023.

Preferred solution: The ability to provide my new phone number without having to pay for it.

map-marker Rockville, Maryland

Incompetent customer support

Called Etrade to initiate a Roth IRA transfer to my external custodian and spoke with two different people and got two different answers on how to do this. Both kept having to put me on hold to find the answer without any confidence.

I then called my external custodian and got their forms which were submitted 12 days ago, yet no transfer after we had a 3 way call with Etrade. They have no information on the forms that were faxed over and now TrowePrice has to fax it again.

Im now waiting on a phone call confirmation.tick tick tick. Man my money is tied up for nearly two weeks not earning any gains from the recent market rise

User's recommendation: Use another broker

map-marker Longview, Washington

Inquiry volta.ws

Volta (electric charging stations) was bought out by Shell. Warrants needed to be addressed by May 31 2023. I called customer service 2 times in May to get information about the sale as I wasn't aware of the end of May resolution date. Both times I was told they knew nothing about that. Even after I had just told them. No attempt to even look into it. I lost all shares of Volta warrants that would have been converted to Shell stock.. I know it was my fault. But really?

User's recommendation: Tech support wasn't much help

map-marker Longview, Washington

Inquiry volta.ws

I owned 5000 shared of Volta warrants. They were bought out by Shell. The expiration of warrants for conversion was the end of May 2023. But I wasnt aware.I called etrade support twice in May and both time they told me they knew nothing about it. I guess I was expecting more.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article