Griesheim, Hesse

Etrade has blocked access to my trading account. I am not able to trade, access or view my holdings. I called and spoke with an Etrade representative, identified myself as the owner of the account and inquired as to what has happened.

I was told that one possible reason for this could be a login to my account from a foreign country. Despite my inquiry I was not given a specific reason as to why my account was secured. Explaining that I travel globaly 240 days a year also fell on deaf ears. I was then told that I would not be able to trade or cover any margin debts currently on my account until my account was reinstated.

I was then told that a notarized letter of Authorization is required within one hour from my phone call to re-activate my account however, after inquiring about what a letter of authorization is, I was not given an answer. I further explained that I am in Iraq and do not have access to a fax machine and since emails with attachments are not allowed the only option available to me is the postal system.

In this current stock market I am loosing thousands of dollars because I can not trade. I attempted to draft what I thought Etrade might demand in an LOA and sent it via email despite their restrictions, a reply was received stating only that attachments are not allowed, please mail your request. To send the required letter requires a minimum of ten days and we are already long beyond that. At this point Etrade has offered no follow up, no assistance and no resolution.

Had an Experience with Etrade?

Comments

Same problem. Worst customer service

yeah we got the same problem, I'm travelling a lot and I have request a ATM card from E*Trade, i never received that card, never received a pin number and never activated this CARD.But 5 days ago someone withdraw $300 from my account I immediately reported to E*trade, and request thi card to be block 5 hour later $500 more was withdraw from my account.

I was pissed, I call them and ask why early I have reported a UNAUTHORIZED & FRAULENT transaction on my account, over the phone, and thanks god by email , and nothing was done to protect it??? the CS was unable to answer, requesting me to sign a frm and send it back.

An today my *** account is block, disapear with no trace.They want me to sent a sign nothorized letter to activated my account......MANNN.....I m victim of fraud, unauthorized $800 withdraw and now my account has vanish from they system wuth $29,100 on it....woooowww where is my god dawn lawyer fone number????